|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
Check this easy and quick recipe for delicious spuds, perfect for a side dish or appetizer. Air fryer Hasselback potatoes look curious and they are made with an effortless cutting.
Furthermore, they save plenty of oil by using your air fryer and may get crisp skin, or whatever you want the texture, just choose the right ingredients and follow the recipe below:
- 2 medium russet, sweet, red or Yukon gold potatoes
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
If you want a strong flavor, sprinkle the garlic with the rest of the seasoning.
1. Wash and rinse the potatoes. Then slice them into thin slices but leave a portion from the bottom uncut.
2. In a container, place them and spray oil or smear butter.
3. Drizzle the potatoes with all ingredients less fresh rosemary (optional ingredient), and put them into the air fryer at 350ºF (176ºC) for 15 minutes. To get a crispy texture, bake them for 15 minutes more. When there are 5 minutes remaining, add fresh rosemary.
4. Serve up your air fryer Hasselback potatoes and enjoy them!
Can you make Hasselback potatoes in the air fryer?
Sure, using an air fryer for cooking Hasselback potatoes is easy. It’s even easier than using the oven, so you can bake or fry your favorite potato styles with a few simple steps. Prepare them regularly or load them with cheese or any other ingredients you desire. All you have to do is choose the right temperature and time.
What to serve with Hasselback potatoes?
It may be served with many different types of food, such as salads, vegetables, pork chops, beef or chicken fillets, and so on.
How to make air fryer cheesy loaded Hasselback potatoes?
For this recipe, just add grated Parmesan cheese to the ingredients list. Follow the same directions, but use the cheese in point 3, it means that you need to fry for 20-25 minutes and stop the cooking process. Then, remove the basket, put Parmesan cheese slices between each potato slice and sprinkle with cheese on top of the air fryer Hasselback potatoes, and cook them for the 5 minutes remainder.
How to cook air fryer bacon ranch Hasselback potatoes?
Simply, season the sour cream with a package of ranch dip mix. Do all steps from the recipe and after serving, spread sour cream and melted butter. Put cooked bacon all over potatoes or between each slice and ready!
How to make air fryer mini Hasselback potatoes?
In this case, repeat in a similar way our recipe, but instead of using russet potatoes, replace them with baby potatoes. Enjoy this great bite-size side dish, albeit probably you can not stuff them with all ingredients. Consider less time for cooking, maybe 5 minutes less for this type of potatoes, because sometimes save time up with baby potatoes. Or just take a peek during the cooking process and take them out with a tong.
Why are they called Hasselback potatoes?
Because the origin of this recipe was created at Hasselbacken restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden. The baked potatoes were served the first time in 1953, gaining rapid popularity between commensals. Particularly, their crunch surface and soft interior texture are the features of this dish.
How to cut Hasselback potatoes?
It looks tedious to cut in this manner. In fact, it is very easy to get the Hasselback cut style. The trick is by using a wooden ladle or chopsticks. Take a very sharp knife and place the spud over the wooden ladle and slice it thinly across its width. Be careful do not to cut all the way through.
Another tip is to use a pair of chopsticks. First, lay each spud down on its flatter side, then place each chopsticks side to side to prevent that the potato slips away. After, cut into thin slices across its width (see the picture) leaving the bottom without cutting.
Lastly, take very carefully a sharp knife and cut them, but not at the bottom, only slice it deeply without cut completely to the end.
Which type of potatoes are best for Hasselback potatoes?
We can find mostly russet potatoes for this recipe. Due to its starch content can achieve a crunchy exterior and soft interior. Although also it can be recommended Yukon gold, red potatoes and among others. On the other hand, if you prefer, you can cook instantly a bag of frozen Hasselback potatoes from the refrigerator.
Cooking chart for Hasselback potatoes
Since these are mainly for fresh Hasselback potatoes, check out the time for frozen potatoes because it may be shorter, 15 minutes at 350ºF (176ºC). If you prefer your frozen potatoes crispy, cook them longer.
|Power XL||25-30 minutes||400ºF (204ºC)|
|Ninja foodi XL grill||30 minutes||Preheat|
|Bagotta||30-35 minutes||360ºF (182ºC)|
|Emeril Lagasse||40-45 minutes||Preheat|
|Ninja foodi||40 minutes||Preheat|
|Instant pot Vortex plus||30 minutes||Preheat|
|Gourmia||20-23 minutes||350ºF (177ºC)|
|DeLonghi 1363 multifryer||20 minutes||set 4|
|Gowise USA||45 minutes||350ºF (177ºC)|
|Nuwave Bravo XL||45-50 minutes|
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air fryer
- 2 fresh medium Russet potatoes
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh rosemary optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Wash and rinse the potatoes. Then slice them into thin slices but leave a portion from the bottom uncut.
- In a container, place them and spray oil or smear butter.
- Drizzle the potatoes with all ingredients less fresh rosemary (optional ingredient), and put them into the air fryer at 350ºF (176ºC) for 15 minutes. To get a crispy texture, bake them for 15 minutes more. When there are 5 minutes remaining, add fresh rosemary.
- Serve up your air fryer Hasselback potatoes and enjoy them!