|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes|
If you love seafood, you will be enchanted by frozen calamari in the air fryer. Usually, they are breaded and come in ring form. This method of preparation makes them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Now the question is, for how long would it take for them to be cooked in the air fryer? Check out the next section for more information. However, keep in mind that the exact cooking time will depend on the power of your air fryer and the quality of the store-bought product.
- 10 frozen calamari rings
- mayonnaise or any other dip sauce
1. Take the frozen calamari out of the package. No need to thaw them.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC).
3. Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don’t overcrowd the basket/rack.
4. Cook at 380ºF (193ºC) for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. After they turn golden brown, the outside becomes crunchy. Be sure to fully cook them before eating. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
5. Serve your air fryer frozen calamari with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise and salad. Enjoy!
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
Can you cook frozen calamari in the air fryer?
Absolutely, frozen calamari (or squid) and any other type of seafood can be fried in an air fryer, the key is to find the right time.
How to cook frozen breaded calamari rings?
It’s a very simple process:
- Take the frozen calamari out of the freezer.
- Put them in the air fryer basket/tray, adding nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook at 380ºF (193ºC) for 8-10 minutes, if you want very crispy calamari, check once they are golden brown. Flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Plate, serve with salad, fries or vegetables and a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Making frozen calamari in an air fryer is so easy that it won’t make a mess in your kitchen, nor will you waste a lot of oil. Another tip is to store leftover breaded calamari in an air-tight bag or container to keep them crunchy.
How long to cook frozen calamari in the air fryer?
It depends on what temperature you set and how powerful your air fryer is. For example, at 380ºF (193ºC), it may take 8-10 minutes. It’s important to mention that this is not an exact time because it can vary slightly depending on the product and the air fryer. Use this time as a guide. Additionally, it can influence whether the product is breaded or unbreaded and how crunchy you desire them because, typically, these products are pre-cooked and are just required to be heated until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF. Other frozen calamari rings are uncooked, so be careful.
Where to buy frozen calamari?
You can find them at Walmart, Giant, Sam’s Club, Kroger, or Wholey. Moreover, they have these brands of frozen calamari in those supermarkets, so pick the one you like best. Let me give you a list:
- Seapak, calamari with oven crispy breadig and tomato romano sauce.
- Philips, salt & pepper calamari.
- H-E-B, fried breaded calamari.
- Woley, breaded calamari ringers.
- Ruby Seas, unbreaded calamari rings.
- Trader Joe’s, panko breaded calamari
- Aqua star, unbreaded calamari rings & tentacles.
- PanaPesca, unbreaded calamari (squid) rings.
- Great Value, unckooed breaded calamari rings.
Seapak breaded calamari rings Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 25 g
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 740 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 21 g
- Protein: 8 g
Frozen Breaded Calamari Rings in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 10 frozen calamari rings
- Take the frozen calamari out of the package. No need to thaw them.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC).
- Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don't overcrowd the basket/rack.
- Cook at 380ºF (193ºC) for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. After they turn golden brown, the outside becomes crunchy. Be sure to fully cook them before eating. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
- Serve your air fryer frozen calamari with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise and salad. Enjoy!