|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||1 minute||7 minutes||8 minutes|
Frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer make an excellent appetizer; no seasoning is necessary. You can make them healthier than ever before by utilizing an air fryer and not using any oil.
This fantastic cornmeal dish will delight you at any moment. Obtain these frozen hushpuppies that are beautiful brown on the exterior and delicate on the inside. Follow these easy procedures to prepare extra-delicious meals using this equipment:
- 1 packet of frozen hushpuppies
See Now Cooking Appliances & Cookbooks!
1. Remove the frozen hushpuppies from the package. There is no need to thaw them.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC).
3. Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don’t overcrowd the basket/rack.
4. Cook at 350ºF (177ºC) for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Retire after they turn golden brown. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
Can you cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer either fresh or frozen. In the air fryer, hushpuppies are very easy to cook as with any frozen food.
Furthermore, this is the easiest way to reheat premade frozen hushpuppìes, and you’ll be amazed by how fast and clean it is.
How to cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer?
All you need to do is get a bag of your favorite frozen hushpuppies, such as Savannah. Then, without defrosting the hushpuppies, place them in the air fryer.
Shake the basket during the cooking process to promote even frying. Obtain a beautiful soft inner hushpuppy and a golden brown outside.
How long to cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer?
It all depends on the temperature you select and the wattage of your air fryer. For example, at 350ºF (177ºC), it may take 7-9 minutes or until the interior temperature reaches 165ºF (75ºC).
Frozen hushpuppies in the oven
Do you not own an air fryer? A convection oven is typically a great option, but it takes longer and is more difficult to clean than an air fryer. For all of these reasons, use your air fryer instead of the oven. To cook frozen hushpuppies in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange frozen hushpuppies on baking sheet and place on center rack of oven.
- Bake 14-16 minutes to desired color and crispness.
- For best results, turn hushpuppies over halfway through baking.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
Frozen hushpuppies on the stove
Cooking your frozen hushpuppies on the stove is another alternative. Which is the most usual way, but the least suitable for you. Because it indicates that you must add oil to your hushpuppies. So be cautious and just add the amount essential for frying.
- Thaw hushpuppies for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry at 325°F (163ºC) for 2-3 minutes to desired color and crispness.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
Storing & Reheating
Refrigerate leftover hushpuppies in a paper towel-lined airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to reheat leftovers, remove them from the refrigerator and place them in the air fryer basket at the same temperature of 350ºF (176ºC). Air fry for 2 minutes, or until warm.
Pairing hushpuppies with a dipping sauce is something we can seize. If you want to spice up, sweeten up, or smooth out your dish, use one of these sauces. You can dip or toss your air-fried hushpuppy.
- honey mustard sauce
- mango sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- creamy sauce
- smoky red pepper
- Miso butter
- blue cheese sauce
- Ranch dip sauce
Savannah classics hushpuppies in the air fryer
This brand creates inspired traditional hushpuppies using only the freshest ingredients, such as onion, cornmeal, and spices, plus a secret formula that you’ll enjoy. Simply said, they are ready to enjoy at home. Aside from the traditional flavor, these well-known hushpuppies are now available with sweetcorn or jalapeno flavoring.
Savannah hushpuppies Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 3 hushpuppies (52 g)
- Calories: 140
- Total fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 19 g
- Protein: 2 g
Savannah hushpuppies ingredients
Onions, enriched degermed white corn meal (prepared from cornstarch, niacin, reduced iron, tricalcium phosphate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin and folic acid), water, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin and folic acid), soybean oil, sugar.
Contains 2% or less: leavening (sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium bicarbonate), salt, whole eggs (citric acid), liquid margarine (soybean oil, water, vegetable mono & diglycerides, salt, natural flavor (includes milk), vitamin A palmitate added, vitamin D3), onion powder, mono and diglycerides, black pepper, guar gum and dried parsley.
Brands of frozen hushpuppies
Aside from Savannah classics, there are other products to consider. These are some of the brands available in supermarkets:
- Great value, frozen traditional hushpuppies
- Mackenzie limited, sweet corn hush puppies
- Savannah classics, original hushpuppies
- HEB, sweet corn hushpuppies
- Delta Pride, hushpuppies
- Moss, frozen hushpuppies
What to serve with hushpuppies?
For a balanced meal and nutrition, there are several alternatives to hushpuppies. Here are some ideas for side dishes to go with them:
- chicken wings
- chicken breast, chicken parmesan
- baked potatoes, roast potatoes
- pasta: tortellini, spaghetti
- salads: spinach salad, garden salad
- grilled veggies
- french fries
- balsamic glazed steak
- pork chops
- salmon, fish fillets, breaded catfish
Where can I buy frozen hushpuppies?
They may be found in Kroger, Walmart, Giant, HEB, Breaux Mart, Meijer, Safeway, Martin’s groceries, among other grocery stores.
Frozen Hushpuppies in Air Fryer [Savannah Classics]
- Air fryer
- 1 packet frozen hushpuppies
- Remove the frozen hushpuppies from the package. There is no need to thaw them.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC).
- Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don’t overcrowd the basket/rack.
- Cook at 350ºF (177ºC) for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Retire after they turn golden brown. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
- Serve and enjoy!