|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||10 minutes||10 minutes|
Are you hungry? You can calm your stomach with frozen onion rings in an air fryer in just minutes. Simply follow these directions and add them to your meals or eat them alone.
- 1 bag of Alexia onion rings
- cooking spray (optional)
See Now Cooking Appliances & Cookbooks!
1. Put the frozen onion rings in the air fryer basket/tray.
2. Cook at 360ºF (182ºC) for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.
3. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
Can you air fry frozen onion rings?
Yes, you can reheat frozen onion rings in the air fryer. Even better, since you won’t need to fry them in any oil, they will remain crunchy while being healthier than ever. It will take you only a short time to enjoy this great appetizer to complement your meal or just to satisfy your hunger.
How to cook frozen onion rings in the air fryer?
It’s so simple, just follow these steps:
- Put the frozen onion rings in the basket/rack of the air fryer without thawing them.
- Then, spray oil on them, this is to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 11 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, then placing the basket back and continuing the cooking process.
- Right after, serve and enjoy!
Moreover, this serves as a side dish that is easy to prepare at home. However, if you do not have time or just want to try other styles, they can be battered or breaded. Below is a shortlist of brands from which you may choose the best.
- Nathan’s, famous onion rings, thick sliced battered.
- Red Robin, crispy onion rings.
- Alexia, crispy onion rings, with Panko breading and sea salt.
- TGI Friday’s, onion rings.
- Ian’s natural foods, onion rings.
- Ore-Ida, onion ringers.
- Publix, onion rings, panko crusted.
- Trader Joe’s, baked onion rings.
How long does it take to cook frozen onion rings?
It depends on how crispy you want your onion rings, what temperature you set in your air fryer, and how powerful your air fryer is. Accordingly, adjusting the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) may take about 10-11 minutes for very crispy onion rings, but 8 minutes for softer onion rings.
Where to buy frozen onion rings?
They can be found at Walmart, Target, Sam’s Club, Heb, Vons, Tesco, Safeway, Acme, Costco, Kroger, Giant, Woolworths, and Albertsons. I didn’t mention all the supermarkets where they are sold, but these are the most common ones.
Are frozen onion rings healthy?
Absolutely, they are. This is an appetizer everyone can enjoy, mainly homemade onion rings made from fresh onions. Although this food is fried, you can use your air fryer to make it super delicious, crunchy, and healthy. The rest of the work is for you, choosing the best and freshest ingredients.
Cooking chart for frozen onion rings
|Cosori air fryer toaster oven||15 minutes||Preheat|
|Ninja foodi||10 minutes||Preheat|
|Instant pot air fryer lid||8 minutes||360ºF (182ºC)|
|Paula Dean 8.5 qt||10 minutes||430ºF (221ºC)|
Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer [Alexia]
- Air fryer
- 1 bag of frozen onion rings
- cooking spray optional
- Put the frozen onion rings in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Cook at 360ºF (182ºC) for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!