|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||7 minutes||7 minutes|
If you love seafood, this is a great way to eat fast, deliciously, and without hassle. Go to the store, pick your favorite brand of tempura shrimp, and enjoy your frozen tempura shrimp in the air fryer.
1. Preheat your air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC).
2. Put the frozen tempura shrimp in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes. It’s not necessary to thaw them. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
3. Turn the tempura shrimp over halfway through cooking with tongs or gently shake the basket. Maintain an eye on the process.
4. Serve with a dipping sauce.
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
Can you cook frozen tempura shrimp in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen shrimp in an air fryer either raw or precooked. In the air fryer, shrimp are very easy to cook as with any frozen food. It’s the easiest way to re-heat frozen shrimp, and you’ll be amazed by how fast and clean it is.
How to cook frozen tempura shrimp in the air fryer?
Follow the next steps to fry frozen tempura shrimp:
- Preheat the air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC).
- Remove the tempura shrimp from the package.
- Place them in the air fryer basket without defrosting.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, then turn them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you would like to purchase frozen tempura shrimp at the supermarket, here are some brands and products to choose from:
- SeaPak, oven crispy tempura shrimp.
- Tiger Thai, tempura shrimp, jumbo.
- Aqua Star, tempura shrimp.
- Mrs. Friday’s, tempura shrimp.
- Waterfront bistro, tempura shrimp with sweet soy dipping sauce.
- Dynasty, gluten-free tempura batter mix.
- The really great food, gluten-free tempura batter mix.
- Trader Joe’s, tempura shrimp with soy dipping sauce.
How long to cook frozen tempura shrimp?
You need to consider the power of your air fryer since even at the same temperature, the results can differ from one model to another. The cooking time of shrimp is shorter than that of other frozen foods. For instance, at 380ºF (193ºC), it might take 6-8 minutes. If you would like more details, please see the cooking chart below for specific brands of air fryers.
When frying, large or popcorn shrimp may require different cooking times based on their size.
The following instructions apply to raw or frozen shrimp:
|Ninja Foodi||5 minutes||Preheat 400ºF (204ºC)|
|Ninja foodi XL Pro air fryer oven||frozen|
|Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630)||5 minutes|
|Philips Airfryer XXL||frozen |
|Nuwave Brio 14Q||6 minutes||Preheat 390ºF (199ºC)|
|Nuwave Brio XL||8 minutes||Preheat 375ºF (190ºC)|
|Nuwave Brio, digital||frozen|
Preheat 350ºF (177ºC)
|Gourmia||2-3 minutes||Preheat 350ºF (177ºC)|
|Gowise USA||4 minutes||350ºF (177ºC)|
|Gowise USA GW22639 3.7 qt||frozen|
|Deluxe Pampered Chef||8 minutes||set bake|
|Power XL||12 minutes||Preheat 320ºF (160ºC)|
|Power XL||frozen jumbo|
|Kalorik||7-8 minutes||380ºF (193ºC)|
|Zenchef AF10||10 minutes|
|Chefman||6-8 minutes||Preheat 390ºF (199ºC)|
|Cuisinart||10 minutes||385ºF (196ºC)|
|Cosori||8 minutes||Preheat 350ºF (177ºC)|
|Cosori 5.8 qt||frozen|
Preheat 370ºF (188ºC)
|Emeril Lagasse 5.3 quart||6 minutes||370ºF (188ºC)|
|Kmart AF701 (*prawns)||15-20 minutes||320ºF (160ºC)|
Frozen Tempura Shrimp in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 bag frozen tempura shrimp
- Preheat your air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC).
- Put the frozen tempura shrimp in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes. It's not necessary to thaw them. According to the air fryer you have, cooking times may vary.
- Turn the tempura shrimp over halfway through cooking with tongs or gently shake the basket. Maintain an eye on the process.
- e with a dipping sauce.