Are you wondering if you can put parchment paper in an air fryer? The answer is yes, you can. Parchment paper is specially designed to withstand the temperatures of air fryers. Actually, it can be used for both ovens and air fryers.
How to use parchment paper in air fryers?
This type of paper is easy to handle. Consider the following factors:
- When preheating the air fryer, do not use parchment paper. Putting it before cooking is not a good idea because it may cause you to burn it if you are overheating for a long time.
- It is only when you put your food in the air fryer that you should use parchment paper, not before. Parchment paper must be weighted down with food or it will fly around inside the air fryer and clog it.
- Premade holes are one of the characteristics of parchment paper for air fryers. Therefore, if you are planning to make it yourself from paper sheets, remember to poke holes in them.
- While it is good for baking, it can also be used to air fry wings, bacon, salmon, and other types of food. Especially with food containing grease, this is the perfect option because it will retain most of the grease that leaks. Using this method, you won’t have to worry about keeping your air fryer clean.
Where to buy parchment paper for air fryers?
Air fryer parchment paper liner sheets for baking are available at Walmart, Target, Kroger, Ralphs, Kmart, and other supermarkets. Also, they are selling online and definitely, there are many options for you.
There are other options besides parchment paper, aluminum foil, and silicone mat liners. In both cases, these can withstand higher temperatures than parchment paper. When planning each recipe, take into account which one would work in your air fryer.
It is likely that you have heard about different kinds of paper to use in the kitchen, but sometimes people get confused. Here are some explanations to help you understand.
Normal parchment paper vs parchment paper for air fryers
Both are made of the same material, the difference is in the shape. Similar to the parchment paper you’re used to using for baking, these don’t have holes and are available in sheets or rolls. Nevertheless, parchment paper for air fryers already comes in round or square pieces with holes. Ready for their use, without wasting time cutting each piece separately.
In the market, you will find many models and sizes of air fryers, and therefore, there are different types of baskets as well as different sizes. There are also trays and you can adapt parchment paper in different ways.
Wax paper vs parchment paper
Both look similar, but they serve different purposes and are not equal. The only difference between them is the coating. Wax paper has a paraffin wax or soybean coat, which is why it cannot be used in the oven or air fryers. As a result of its coat melting at high temperatures, paraffin wax will get into your food.
In the microwave, wax paper can be used to reheat food without exposing it to the heat of the oven since it doesn’t work. Another benefit of using it is that food is easy to lift off when you cook without making a mess in your kitchen.
The advantage of wax paper is its non-stick property similar to parchment paper, but wax paper can be used to wrap foods and store them in the refrigerator. As a result, wax paper is mostly handled at lower temperatures than parchment paper.
In contrast, parchment paper has a thin layer of silicone that creates a non-stick surface and makes it heat resistant. This coating is important since food can easily slip off the cookware’s surface. Thus, it is great to bake cookies, pancakes, cakes, brownies, empanadas, and patties. In addition, it is oven and air fryer safe and minimizes splatters when you use it.
Unbleached vs bleached paper
When buying parchment paper you’ll likely find both unbleached and bleached paper, which can be confusing. All tasks are handled the same way, the only visual difference is its color. Unbleached paper is brown, but this is untreated and chlorine-free. While bleached paper is white, it is treated with chlorine, which is the process that gives it its white color.
As you can see, you have to choose according to your preferred color and what you’re going to cook, but it works exactly the same.
Silicone baking mats vs parchment paper
Silicone mats are non-stick surfaces that are reusable, washable, and can be used for baking, roasting and reheating. Meanwhile, parchment papers are made from cellulose, which makes them disposable and resizeable. Even while cooking, they can absorb oil. Its price is another factor, as it is more affordable than silicone mats.
Can you use regular parchment paper in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use regular parchment paper instead of precut air fryer paper. The only thing to do would be to take the roll and cut a piece based on the size of your basket. Attempt to cut it smaller than the basket size, then make holes for the hot air to circulate. Always place it at the bottom of the air fryer basket and not in another part, as it may interfere with the fan’s operation.
How to perforate parchment paper for air fryers?
It’s very easy, just follow these steps:
- parchment paper roll or precut sheets
- Take your paper roll or precut sheets, then place the basket part on the sheet.
- Trace with a pencil the shape of the basket, depending on your air fryer. The pieces may be rectangles, squares, rounds or circles.
- With a pair of scissors, cut them slightly shorter than the base of the air fryer.
- Next, fold the sheet in half, in half again, and finally in half again, making eight divisions.
- Once you have folded the paper three times, using the perforator, cut the holes, leaving spaces between each hole.
- Spread the sheet out and use it.
Is it safe to use parchment paper in air fryers?
You can use them in steaming baskets and air fryers, as well as in ovens because they are made to withstand temperatures of up to 428ºF (220ºC). As well, they have holes that allow steam or hot air to circulate while cooking. In other words, it does not interfere with the cooking process, and you can use it for baking, frying, to prevent food from sticking, or for maintaining your air fryer. Obviously, if you cook below its recommended temperature, your food is safe.
Check out the table below for the range of temperatures, and you can see that they handle the right temperatures for parchment paper. So you can use it without fear.
|Power XL||up to 400ºF|
|Cuisinart Toaster oven|
|up to 450ºF |
|Gowise 5 Quart|
|Nuwave Brio 6-quarts||60ºF-400ºF|
|Chefman 8 qt. Turbofry|
|Instant Pot Duo 6 quarts|
|Low, Med, High||1000 Watts|
|Air fryer Vortex 6-quarts|
|Cosori 3.7 quart|
|Breville Smart oven||80ºF-480ºF|
|Ninja foodi DualZone 8 qt|
|Bella 6 qt|
|Emeril Lagasse Power|
|up tp 450ºF|
|Dash 6 qt|
|up to 400ºF|
|Ultrean 8 qt|| 180ºF-400ºF |