|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||1 minute||10 minutes||11 minutes|
Find out how to make Van de Kamp’s fish sticks in the air fryer with this simple recipe. I especially like the breaded fingers because their exteriors are crunchy and their interiors are tender.
If you love fish, you can pair it with a dipping sauce, salad, and french fries.
1. Spray oil on the air fryer basket.
2. Put the frozen fish sticks in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) and cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking. It isn’t necessary to thaw them before frying.
3. Serve your air fryer Van de Kamp’s fish sticks with a dipping sauce, mayonnaise or a salad. Enjoy!
Please visit our Shop!
How long to cook frozen breaded fish sticks in the air fryer?
You may wonder how long they should be cooked in an air fryer. Don’t worry, it only takes 10 minutes, remember this time corresponds to 400ºF (204ºC). However, not every air fryer heats up at the same rate, so its power matters too. It’s also important to consider whether you want fish sticks tender or very crunchy.
For those who want to reheat leftovers frozen homemade fish sticks, it may take 6-8 minutes at 400ºF since they’re already cooked.
Can you air fry Van de Kamp’s fish sticks?
This is absolutely the best method to cook frozen fish fingers and any other food that is traditionally cooked using a pan. Now, with an air fryer, you won’t have to deep-fry as often and will save a tremendous amount of oil. As a result, you will be eating healthier every day.
As follows, I listed some of the brands you might find at the supermarket, choose the best one for you. What is your favorite type of frozen fish sticks?
- Mrs. Paul’s, crunchy fish sticks.
- Gorton’s, breaded minced fish sticks.
- Gorton’s, crunchy breaded cod fish sticks.
- Gorton’s, tilapia fish sticks.
- Van de Kamp’s, fish sticks.
- Pacific seafood, gluten free, panko breaded fish sticks.
- Dr. Praeger’s, fish sticks, ligthly breaded.
- Kidfresh, fun-tastic, fish sticks.
- Natural sea, cod sticks.
- Birds eye, fish fingers.
- Ian’s, fish sticks.
- Trident seafoods, wild caugth Alaska pollock, The ultimate fish sticks.
- Bando, fish fingers.
How to cook Van de Kamp’s fish sticks in the air fryer?
As with any other frozen fish sticks in the air fryer, these can also be cooked simply by placing them into the air fryer basket, without defrosting first. Then, to ensure even cooking, turn them over during the process of cooking.
How long to cook Van de Kamp’s fish sticks in the air fryer?
To ensure the Van de Kamp’s frozen fish sticks in the air fryer are thoroughly cooked, cook until golden brown, around 8-10 minutes. Generally, fish takes less time to cook than chicken, pork or beef.
Van de Kamp’s crunchy sticks Nutrition facts
Serving size=6 sticks (95 g):
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- Sodium: 440 mg
- Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Iron: 0.6 mg
- Potassium: 100 mg
Van de Kamp’s Ingredients
Minced pollock, wheat flour, water, soybean oil, enriched wheat flour, sugar, cornstarch, yeast, sodium bicarbonate, garlic powder, onion powder, spice, paprika, monocalcium phosphate.
Can you microwave Van de Kamp’s fish sticks?
In the absence of an air fryer, you should use the oven. However, the company doesn’t recommend using a microwave. Due to the fact that fish sticks are uncooked, you should be certain the meat is perfectly cooked.
Therefore, if you are going to bake them:
- Preheat your oven at 450ºF.
- Next, remove the frozen fish sticks from the package and arrange them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, turning them halfway through bake time. When they are golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
You’ve seen how much faster it is to fry frozen fish sticks using an air fryer than with other appliances. Therefore, it should be a part of every kitchen.
Can you deep fry Van de Kamp’s fish sticks?
Yes, you can deep fry them. However, air frying is highly recommended instead of deep-frying. Please follow these steps if you do not have an air fryer:
- Simply, preheat oil at 350ºF (176ºC) in the pan. Don’t add too much oil, just the minimum. You’ll know it when the oil makes a sound.
- Afterward, place the frozen fish sticks and allow them to fry for 3 minutes, then flip them over and continue frying for 3 minutes more.
- Remove them from the pan and serve.
Frozen Fish Sticks in Air Fryer [Van de Kamp’s]
- Air fryer
- 1 package of Van de Kamp's fish sticks (fingers)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray oil on the air fryer basket.
- Put the frozen fish fillets in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) and cook for 10 minutes. It isn't necessary to thaw them.
- Serve your air fryer Van de Kamp's fish sticks with a dipping sauce, mayonnaise or a salad. Enjoy!
Welcome to my blog! I’m an air fryer enthusiast.