|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes|
If you love seafood, you will appreciate these frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer. It is hard to stop eating these breaded shrimp, plus the butterfly is so good that you don’t want to stop eating them.
Recommended: Golden Eagle Dutch Bros Recipe
1. Remove the frozen butterfly shrimp from the package. No need to thaw them.
2. Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don’t overcrowd the basket/rack. Then, drizzle oil over them to prevent them from sticking.
3. Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. As soon as they turn golden brown, they become crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
4. Serve your air fryer frozen butterfly shrimp with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise, salad and enjoy!
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
Can you air fry frozen butterfly shrimp?
Absolutely, shrimp and any other type of seafood can be fried in an air fryer, the key is to find the right time. However, shrimp typically need less time to fry than other frozen and fresh foods.
How to cook frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer?
It’s a very simple process:
- Take the frozen butterfly shrimp out from the freezer.
- Put them in the air fryer basket/tray, adding nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook at 400°F (204°C) for 8 minutes, if you want very crispy shrimp, check once they are golden brown. Flip them halfway through cooking.
- Plate, serve with salad and a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Making frozen butterfly shrimp in an air fryer is so easy that it won’t make a mess in your kitchen, nor will you waste a lot of oil. Another tip is to store leftover butterfly shrimp in an air-tight bag or container to keep them crunchy.
How long to cook frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer?
It depends on what temperature you set and how powerful your air fryer is. For example, at 380ºF (193ºC) it may take 7-8 minutes or 10 minutes at 350ºF (177ºC).
Frozen butterfly shrimp in the oven
Do you not own an air fryer? A convection oven is usually a fantastic alternative, but it takes more time to clean and is more difficult to clean than an air fryer. For all of these reasons, if you have an air fryer, use it instead of the oven. Follow these procedures to cook shrimp in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Arrange frozen shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven
- For full package, bake 11-12 minutes
- For best results, turn product over half way through cooking.
Frozen butterfly shrimp on the stove
Cooking your frozen butterfly shrimp on the stove is another alternative. Which is the most usual way, but the least suitable for you. Because it indicates that you must add oil to your shrimp. So be cautious and just add the amount essential for frying.
- Preheat fryer oil to 350°F Place frozen shrimp in fry basket
- For half package, fry 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes
- Drain on absorbent paper before serving.
Storing & Reheating
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. However, before storing, allow your air fryer shrimp to cool completely before transferring it to a shallow airtight container.
Preheat your air fryer at 300°F (149°C), then spread the shrimp in an even layer in the air fryer basket that has been lightly oiled. Cook for 2 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until warm to your liking.
Pairing seafood with a dipping sauce is something we can seize. Dipping shrimp will enhance their flavor and allow you to combine some unique flavors. If you want to spice up, sweeten up, or smooth out your dish, use one of these sauces. You can dip or toss your air-fried shrimp.
- thousand island sauce/Marie Rose
- seafood cocktail sauce
- tartare sauce
- Thai sweet chilli lime dipping sauce
- spicy Thai mango
- honey mustard dressing
- sweet & sour sauce
- lemon cream sauce
- coriander, ginger & citrus sauce
- bang bang shrimp sauce
Seapak butterfly shrimp in the air fryer
The firm is driven by the desire to provide the best shrimp to its customers and produces seasoned shrimp with a wonderfully crispy coating.
These products were created to be delicious. As a result, its customers are accustomed to eating restaurant-style shrimp. Seapak brings delectable frozen butterfly shrimp with a delightful flavor to your kitchen for you to enjoy right at your dining table.
Seapak butterfly shrimp Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 84 g (3 oz)
- Calories: 220
- Total fat: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
- Sodium: 640 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 20 g
- Protein: 10 g
Seapak butterfly shrimp Ingredients
Ingredients (8 oz size): shrimp, bleached wheat flour, soybean oil, wheat flour, water, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron as ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid).
Also contains 2% or less of each of the following: citric acid, dextrose, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), garlic powder, guar gum, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda), methylcellulose, modified cornstarch, paprika oleoresin, salt, sodium alginate, sodium bisulfite (as a preservative), sodium tripolyphosphate (to retain moisture), sugar, whey powder, yeast, yellow corn flour.
Brands of frozen butterfly shrimp
Listed below are various brands that sell frozen butterfly shrimp. You can sample several flavors from these goods.
- Gorton’s, crunchy breaded butterfly shrimp.
- Seapak, jumbo butterfly shrimp with crispy breading.
- Seapak, oven crispy jumbo coconut shrimp.
- Seapak, beer battered shrimp with tangy citrus.
- Trader Joe’s, coconut shrimp.
- Margaritaville, coconut shrimp.
- Aqua star, coconut breaed butterfly shrimp.
What to serve with butterfly shrimp?
There are many alternatives that go well with shrimp for a complete meal and nutrition. Here is a list of side dishes that you can serve with shrimp.
- roasted parmesan asparagus
- macaroni salad
- pesto zoodles
- greek veggie salad
- grilled kabobs
- couscous primavera
- potato salad
- caesar salad
Where to buy frozen butterfly shrimp?
You can find them at Walmart, Giant, Target, Costco, Acme, Sam’s club, Hy-Vee, Safeway, Meijer, Vons, and Albertsons, among other grocery stores. Moreover, they have these brands of butterfly shrimp in those supermarkets, so pick the one you like best.
Is seapak butterfly shrimp precooked?
These goods, I understand, are ready to cook in an oven, air fryer, or deep fryer. Seapak shrimp are uncooked, and you should cook them until they achieve an internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
Where does seapak shrimp come from?
This seafood enterprise is located on the coast of Georgia, USA. The signature is in charge of delivering the freshness of seafood to the grocery stores. Where these items are kept at low temperatures to maintain real coastal shrimp tastes in your home.
Seapak Frozen Butterfly Shrimp in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 package of frozen butterfly shrimp
- non-stick cooking oil spray
- Remove the frozen butterfly shrimp from the package. No need to thaw them.
- Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don't overcrowd the basket/rack. Then, drizzle oil over them to prevent them from sticking.
- Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. As soon as they turn golden brown, they become crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve your frozen butterfly shrimp with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise, salad and enjoy!
Welcome to my blog! I’m an air fryer enthusiast.