|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes|
If you love seafood, you will appreciate these frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer. It is hard to stop eating these breaded shrimp, plus the butterfly is so good that you don’t want to stop eating them.
- 1 bag of frozen butterfly shrimp
- non-stick cooking oil spray
- avocado slices
- tomato slices
- mayonnaise or dip
1. Remove the frozen butterfly shrimp from the package. No need to thaw them.
2. Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don’t overcrowd the basket/rack. Then, drizzle oil over them to prevent them from sticking.
3. Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. As soon as they turn golden brown, they become crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
4. Serve your air fryer frozen butterfly shrimp with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise, salad and enjoy!
Can you air fry frozen butterfly shrimp?
Absolutely, shrimp and any other type of seafood can be fried in an air fryer, the key is to find the right time. However, shrimp typically need less time to fry than other frozen and fresh foods.
How to air fry frozen butterfly shrimp?
It’s a very simple process:
- Take the frozen butterfly shrimp out from the freezer.
- Put them in the air fryer basket/tray, adding nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook at 400°F (204°C) for 8 minutes, if you want very crispy shrimp, check once they are golden brown. Flip them halfway through cooking.
- Plate, serve with salad and a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Making frozen butterfly shrimp in an air fryer is so easy that it won’t make a mess in your kitchen, nor will you waste a lot of oil. Another tip is to store leftover butterfly shrimp in an air-tight bag or container to keep them crunchy.
How long to cook frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer?
It depends on what temperature you set and how powerful your air fryer is. For example, at 380ºF (193ºC) it may take 7-8 minutes or 10 minutes at 350ºF (177ºC). See the chart below for more details.
Where to buy frozen butterfly shrimp?
You can find them at Walmart, Giant, Target, Costco, Acme, Sam’s club, Hy-Vee, Safeway, Meijer, Vons, and Albertsons, among other grocery stores. Moreover, they have these brands of butterfly shrimp in those supermarkets, so pick the one you like best. Let me give you a list:
- Gorton’s, crunchy breaded butterfly shrimp.
- Seapak, jumbo butterfly shrimp with crispy breading.
- Seapak, oven crispy jumbo coconut shrimp.
- Seapak, beer battered shrimp with tangy citrus.
- Trader Joe’s, coconut shrimp.
- Margaritaville, coconut shrimp.
- Aqua star, coconut breaed butterfly shrimp.
Cooking chart for raw and frozen butterfly shrimp
|Ninja Foodi||5 minutes||Preheat |
|Ninja foodi XL Pro air fryer oven||frozen|
|Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630)||5 minutes|
|Philips Airfryer XXL||frozen |
|Nuwave Brio 14Q||6 minutes||Preheat |
|Nuwave Brio XL||8 minutes||Preheat |
|Nuwave Brio, digital||frozen|
|Gourmia||2-3 minutes||Preheat |
|Gowise USA||4 minutes||350ºF (177ºC)|
|Gowise USA GW22639 3.7 qt||frozen|
|Deluxe Pampered Chef||8 minutes||set bake|
|Power XL||12 minutes||Preheat |
|Power XL||frozen jumbo|
|Kalorik||7-8 minutes||380ºF (193ºC)|
|Zenchef AF10||10 minutes|
|Chefman||6-8 minutes||Preheat |
|Cuisinart||10 minutes||385ºF (196ºC)|
|Cosori||8 minutes||Preheat |
|Cosori 5.8 qt||frozen|
|Emeril Lagasse 5.3 quart||6 minutes||370ºF (188ºC)|
|Kmart AF701 (*prawns)||15-20 minutes||320ºF (160ºC)|
Frozen Butterfly Shrimp in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 package of frozen butterfly shrimp
- non-stick cooking oil spray
- Remove the frozen butterfly shrimp from the package. No need to thaw them.
- Next, place them into the air fryer basket, spreading them out evenly. Don't overcrowd the basket/rack. Then, drizzle oil over them to prevent them from sticking.
- Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. As soon as they turn golden brown, they become crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve your frozen butterfly shrimp with a dipping sauce or mayonnaise, salad and enjoy!