|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||10 minutes||10 minutes|
You can make crispy air fried corn dogs with an air fryer, and eat them with ketchup or mustard. Taking the corn dog straight from the freezer will only take a few minutes. You can also check out the homemade corn dog recipe.
1. Put the corn dogs in the air fryer basket/rack. Spread them out to form a single layer.
2. If they don’t fit, cut its stick a little so that it lies over the surface of the basket.
3. You can spray oil if you wish.
4. For medium size, set the temperature at 370ºF (188ºC) and cook for around 10 minutes. If you want an even cook, flip them halfway.
5. For mini corn dogs, fry for 8 minutes at 370ºF (188ºC).
6. It may be necessary to cook in batches, depending on how large your air fryer is.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Please visit our Shop!
Can you make frozen corn dogs in the air fryer?
Of course. It is even possible to make them from scratch and fry them in the air fryer. As for the frozen corn dogs from the store, you can put them straight into the pan without defrosting them.
How long to air fry frozen corn dogs?
It usually takes 10 minutes at 370ºF (188ºC), but it can also depend on the size, like in the case of frying medium-sized corn dog. In addition, mini, nuggets or bite-size may be done in less time, 6 minutes on average. Jumbo corn dogs require 12 minutes.
|Ninja Foodi||6-8 minutes|
|Nuwave oven||10 minutes|
|Nuwave Bravo smart oven||12 minutes|
|Kitchen Academy||8-10 minutes|
|Cosori 5.8 Qt||11 minutes|
|Power XL||15 minutes|
|Cook’s essentials||15 minutes|
|Gowise USA||12 minutes|
Frozen corn dogs in the microwave
If you don’t want to use an air fryer, there are other ways to heat up frozen corn dogs. These are the basic steps:
- Place the corn dog on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave for 40-50 seconds on high, or until hot. (If your microwave is less than 800 watts, add 10-20 seconds)
- Let stand 1 minute, before serving.
The instructions were created using a 1100-watt microwave oven. Because ovens differ, heat times may need to be adjusted.
Frozen corn dogs in the oven
Another method is to use the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place frozen corn dogs on a baking sheet.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until hot.
Heating times may need to be adjusted due to variations in cooking equipment.
Frozen corn dogs on the stove
Finally, this is another way to cook frozen corn dogs, though it is not a healthier option because it requires oil. On the contrary, the air fryer is an excellent method for reheating frozen corn dogs.
- Preheat oil to 350ºF.
- Carefully place corn dogs in hot oil. Fry 8-9 minutes or until hot.
- Drain on paper towels.
Storting & Reheating
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container or sealed bag. Refrigerate the corn dogs and consume them within 3 days. They can also be frozen for a longer period of time, up to two months. If you want to reheat cool leftovers, preheat the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) for 2-3 minutes.
Toppings & dipping sauce
Dress up your corn dogs by spreading your favorite ingredients on top or dipping them in the following sauces: mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, and sweet chili sauce.
All of these dip sauces are easily available at any grocery store, so there are many options for adding extra flavor to your snack.
Corn dogs can be prepared with a couple or even three ingredients to delight your palate. Drizzle some of the ingredients listed here and garnish to perfection the next time.
- marinara sauce & red pepper flakes
- cream cheese & hot pepper jelly
- cheese sauce
- mayo & ketchup
- chili, fried onion, cheddar cheese
- charred corn, chili powder, cotija
- honey, toasted sesame seeds
State Fair corn dogs in the air fryer
Serving size: 57 g
- Calories: 170
- Total fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 16 g
- Protein: 4 g
State Fair classic corn dog ingredients
Batter: water, enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, enriched corn meal (yellow corn meal, iron, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Contains 2% or Less: leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), modified wheat starch, soybean oil, salt, honey solids (with wheat starch, calcium stearate), artificial flavor, onion powder, dried whole eggs, nonfat dry milk, soy flour, cooked in vegetable oil.
Hot Dog made with turkey and chicken, pork added: mechanically separated turkey, mechanically separated chicken, water, corn syrup, dextrose, modified corn starch, pork; contains 2% or less: salt, beef, flavorings, paprika, potassium lactate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium nitrite, sodium diacetate.
Brands of frozen corn dogs
Here are some popular brands of frozen corn dogs:
- State Fair, classic corn dogs.
- State Fair, 100% beef corn dogs.
- Foster Farms corn dogs, honey crunchy flavor.
- Foster Farms, mini corn dogs, honey crunchy flavor.
- Morningstar Farms corn dogs, veggie.
Recipes for corn dogs
Homemade air fried corn dogs
- 4 hot dogs (beef, turkey or vegan)
- 4 wood corn dog skewers (sticks)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- Put wooden skewers/chopsticks inside each hot dog. Then, coat them with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, eggs, and buttermilk. Next, transfer the batter into a large glass.
- Then submerge and spin each corn dog in the batter.
- Afterward, roll the battered hot dogs in bread crumbs.
- Apply cooking spray to the corn dogs.
- Place them in one layer in the air fryer basket/rack. Do not overcrowd and if skewers don’t fit, cut a bit off each one.
- Fry at 370ºF (188ºC) for 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard, enjoy!
Korean corn dogs
- 4 hot dogs cut in half
- 300 g mozzarella
- 8 wooden chopsticks/skewers
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Cut in half the hot dogs and also mozzarella cheese at the same size as hot dogs half.
- Place the hot dogs first, then the mozzarella cheese, on wooden chopsticks.
- Beat eggs, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk together in a bowl. Pour the batter into a large glass.
- Into the batter, completely immerse hot dogs. Put the panko on a plate and roll them to coat all their surfaces.
- Spray oil over the corn dogs.
- Next, cook at 370°F (188°C) for 10 minutes in the air fryer, turning them over halfway through. When they become golden and crunchy, they are ready.
- Serve and add mustard or ketchup.
State Fair Frozen Corn Dogs in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 4 frozen corn dogs
- cooking spray
- Put the corn dogs in the air fryer basket/rack. Spread them out to form a single layer.
- If they don't fit, cut its stick a little so that it lies over the surface of the basket.
- You can spray oil if you wish.
- For medium size, set the temperature at 370ºF (188ºC) and cook for around 10 minutes. If you want an even cook, flip them halfway.
- For mini corn dogs, fry for 8 minutes at 370ºF (188ºC).
- It may be necessary to cook in batches, depending on how large your air fryer is.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to my blog! I’m an air fryer enthusiast.