Hi! I'm Yan. I enjoy making quick and healthy meals, and this is my place to share some easy recipes. I learn new tricks and...
|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
Do you want to know how to cook deer sausage? In fact, this meal is very simple to prepare at home. Depending on which appliance or equipment you use, it will take you a few minutes. You can also combine them with vegetables or eat them on their own.
Deer meat is delicious and high in protein, and it can be prepared in the same way as beef or other bovine meat. To learn more, read the entire article.
- deer sausages
- vegetable oil
- slices of onion & peppers (optional)
1. On the stove, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, toss in the deer sausages and flip them over to cook evenly.
3. Optionally, add onion and pepper slices at the same time as the deer sausages.
4. When the deer sausages are golden brown and the onion slices are translucent, the cooking is done. It will take about 15 minutes to cook through.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
6. Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Next, place the deer sausages in a lightly greased pan to prevent them from sticking.
7. Puncture the deer sausages with a fork or knife to allow the juice to drain. If desired, garnish with onion and pepper slices.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Check that the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
9. Retire them from the oven, let them cool, serve and plate.
Please visit our Shop!
Recipes: deer sausages
As we all know, not everyone has the same cooking equipment, and you may prefer to cook deer sausages in a different way. As a result, this post includes recipes for cooking deer sausage in an air fryer, oven, grill, and oven. So, if you want to learn more procedures, keep reading this post.
- Arrange the sausages in a single layer in the air fryer basket. To ensure even cooking, avoid overlapping.
- Prick the deer sausages with a knife to allow the juices to escape and the meat to cook more quickly on the inside.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) until browned, flipping halfway through. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until fully cooked; remove when the insides are no longer pink.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve!
Check out this 15.5-quart Digital Air Fryer for fast & delicious food. All-in-one design for convenience and ease of use.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC), grease the baking tray, and arrange the deer sausages on it.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Check for doneness and set aside to cool before serving.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat to prevent the sausage from sticking.
- Put the deer sausages in and season with onion and pepper to taste.
- Turn them frequently until fully cooked; the internal meat temperature must be at least 160ºF. You’ll notice browned meat.
If you’re using an electric grill, set the temperature to around 350ºF; if not, and you’re going to use a gas or charcoal grill, keep the fire low to continue cooking and make it comfortable for you. Spread a small amount of olive oil on the electric grill to prevent the sausages from sticking.
To turn them over, use tongs. When using a gas or charcoal grill, flip them every 2-3 minutes to prevent them from burning. The cooking time will be between 10 and 20 minutes. They will be ready when they turn brown.
How to cook deer sausages? (more directions)
Here are some instructions for preparing different types of deer meat or purchasing different types of deer sausages, such as smoked, summer, frozen, or fresh.
Patties or ground deer sausages
- 1 lb ground venison
- 3 ground garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- hint of ground black pepper
- In a bowl, season the venison with black pepper, salt, garlic, and onion. Combine all ingredients with the venison. Form the patties with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat in the oven. Place the patties in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Make sure they are a perfect golden brown or until cooked through.
Deer summer sausages
- Stove: Heat the deer summer sausages in a pan on the stove. Cook them for about 10-15 minutes on low/medium heat. Remember to turn them over frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Grill: Grilling summer sausage takes about 12-15 minutes on medium/high heat. As with other meats, turn them frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190ºC). Place the sausages on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased to keep the meat from drying out. Then bake for 15 minutes. Because baking times vary, you may need to make some adjustments. To get an even flavor, flip the sausages halfway through cooking.
Deer breakfast sausages
- Cook deer breakfast sausages in a pan with olive oil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Check out until the venison sausages are browned and cooked through with tongs, flipping them over to cook evenly. Its pink color will no longer be visible.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool before serving. Plate, and you’ll get a tasty, juicy bite from the sausages.
- Combine with waffles, pancakes, eggs, and a cup of coffee or juice for a delicious breakfast.
Frozen deer sausages
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 375ºF, then grease the pan and add the frozen deer sausages; there is no need to thaw them. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. They will vary in color from lighter to darker, so make sure they are all cooked through. You can also check its internal temperature; if it is at least 160ºF, it is fully cooked.
- Grill: Preheat the grill for 10-15 minutes, then cook for 15 minutes with the lid closed and turn them over for even cooking. As with the other methods of cooking, you can check the internal temperature at 160ºF or ensure that the internal meat is a darker color and not pink.
- Air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC), place the frozen deer sausages in the basket, and cook for 12-14 minutes total. Cook until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
Smoked deer sausages
- Pan fry: Cut smoked sausage sections in half lengthwise or into 12″ slices. Cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook for 6-9 minutes, turning frequently.
- Stove top: Place the sausage in 2-3 inches of boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Grill: Grill for 12-14 minutes on medium-high heat, turning frequently. For children under the age of five: Slice the sausage lengthwise, then into bite-size pieces.
Is deer sausages healthy?
Actually, this is a fantastic and truly healthy option for you. If you are unfamiliar, deer meat has a high protein content and a low fat content. When compared to other red meats, such as beef, this red meat is low in calories. Deer meat contains vitamins and minerals, making it an excellent addition to your diet. Aside from pork, beef, or lamb, deer meat in your sausages is unquestionably healthy.
How long is deer sausage good in the fridge?
Fresh deer sausage can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, if you want to keep them longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months and use them within that time frame. If you keep smoked deer sausages in the refrigerator, they can last for up to 2-3 months.
Is smoked deer sausage already cooked?
Smoked deer sausages are already cured with salts that prevent bacteria contamination. As a result, it is safe to eat them straight from the package. However, if you cook it, you won’t need a high temperature because the meat has already been pre-cooked; instead, a small preparation for a special dish will be required to release a different flavor.
What to serve with deer sausages?
Deer sausages can be served with a variety of foods for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For example, if you want to have it for breakfast, you can pair it with eggs, waffles, or a sandwich.
Deer sausages go well with the following foods to round out your meal and satisfy you:
With all of this information, I hope you now know how to make deer sausages.
How to Cook Deer Sausage? Oven, Stove, Grill, Air Fryer
- deer sausages
- vegetable oil
- slices of onion & peppers optional
- On the stove, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, toss in the deer sausages and flip them over to cook evenly.
- Optionally, add onion and pepper slices at the same time as the deer sausages.
- When the deer sausages are golden brown and the onion slices are translucent, the cooking is done. It will take about 15 minutes to cook through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Next, place the deer sausages in a lightly greased pan to prevent them from sticking.
- Puncture the deer sausages with a fork or knife to allow the juice to drain. If desired, garnish with onion and pepper slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Check that the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Retire from the over, let them cool, serve and plate.
Hi! I'm Yan. I enjoy making quick and healthy meals, and this is my place to share some easy recipes. I learn new tricks and try different flavors in my kitchen every day.More Posts