|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||0 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes|
Make easy air fryer frozen tamales for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No matter if you’ve never tasted them, choose your favorite ingredients they come with and you’ll love them forever. In Latin America, but mainly in Mexico, these foods are incredibly famous, so this is a very traditional Mexican food you should try at least once.
1. Preheat the air fryer at 375ºF (190ºC).
2. Place the frozen tamales without defrosting in the air fryer basket, but do not overcrowd it. There is no need to remove the wrappings or husks. Cook them for 8 minutes.
3. With tongs, remove them and plate them. After removing their husks, you can enjoy it with a cup of coffee.
Can you put frozen tamales in the air fryer?
Sure, you can reheat cold tamales or cook frozen ones. As we know, they are cooked by steam, but when they are frozen, you can cook them in a microwave, stove, or now simplest way – the air fryer.
How do you cook frozen tamales in the air fryer?
Here’s how it works:
- Put your frozen tamales directly into the air fryer basket/rack without overfilling. The hot air from the air fryer will help warm them up.
- Set the temperature at 375ºF (190ºC), cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Retire the tamales from the air fryer, serve them, and then open their wrappers. Enjoy!
How long do you cook frozen tamales in the air fryer?
Each air fryer model has a certain level of power, so make sure to check your own model. However, at 375ºF (190ºC), it could take up to 10 minutes. Whenever this food is thicker than others, or each tamal is different in thickness, you should always take a few more minutes to ensure that the center is warm.
How to warm up frozen tamales without a microwave?
First of all, use an air fryer; it’s the easiest way and it will keep your kitchen cleaner than ever. Consequently, this is one method you can use to warm up tamales, and it takes only 4-5 minutes (cold tamales) or 8-10 minutes (frozen tamales).
A second method is to use the stove and a frying pan, in order to warm up, you can either pour a little water into the frying pan and heat it with the tamal inside, or remove the wrapping and heat the tamal over the pan.
Alternatively, you can reheat it without water, placing directly over the pan, and it doesn’t matter if the husks burn, as long as you turn them over once to ensure the tamales are well done.
How to cook frozen tamales on the stove?
Use a stove if you don’t have a microwave or an air fryer. All you need is a frying pan.
- Add water to the pan until the tamal is covered. Therefore, it is not necessary to overfill the pan. In this case, don’t remove the wrappings because they protect and prevent them from getting wet.
- Bring the water to a boil with the frozen tamal inside and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the tamales from the water.
- Unwrap the tamales and serve.
Where to buy frozen tamales?
They’re available at Walmart, Target, Giant, Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, Vons, and Trader Joe’s. There are different brands and types to pick from.
- El Monterey, beef tamales.
- Cedarlane, sweet corn tamales
- Trader Joe’s, cheese and green chile tamales.
- Tucson tamale, pork & cheese.
- Texas tamale, beef tamales.
Aside from these styles, tamales can also be stuffed or made of sweet corn or corn dough. These may include chicken, beef, pork, cheese, chiles, beans and more. They can be sweet or salty.
How do you steam frozen tamales without a steamer?
You can use a pot instead of the streamer, as well as a smaller lid that can fit inside the pot and its own lid. Next, follow these steps:
- Around a quarter of the pot should be filled with water.
- Next, place the smaller lid inside the pot, trying to position it above the level of water.
- Put the tamales on top of the smaller lid.
- Later, cover the pot with a lid and heat the water on the stove.
- After a while, the tamales will be cooked with steam.
- Remove the tamales from the pot, serve, and enjoy.
- Air fryer french fries
- Air fryer sweet potato wedges [Homemade]
- Crispy air fryer chicken wings
- Air fryer potato wedges
- Air fryer buffalo chicken wings
- Air fryer portobello mushrooms
Air Fryer Frozen Tamales
- Air fryer
- 2 frozen tamales
- Preheat the air fryer at 375ºF (190ºC).
- Place the frozen tamales without defrosting in the air fryer basket, but do not overcrowd it. There is no need to remove the wrappings or husks. Cook them for 8 minutes.
- With tongs, remove them and plate them. After removing their husks, you can enjoy it with a cup of coffee.