|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||1 minute||12 minutes||13 minutes|
Try frozen chicken strips in the air fryer for a tasty and fast meal. My favorites are the breaded breast chicken strips, but there are also unbreaded strips. With an air fryer, you can reheat them in less than 15 minutes without making a mess in your kitchen, leaving your kitchen cleaner and neater than ever.
Recommended: Air fryer Morningstar Farms veggie burgers
1. Take the frozen chicken strips out of the fridge. They don’t need to be thawed.
2. Spread them out in the air fryer to avoid crowding the basket. Apply non-stick cooking spray to make them crunchy and prevent them from sticking together.
3. Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 minutes, turn them over halfway through. Remove once golden brown.
4. Serve your air frozen chicken strips with guacamole, mayonnaise, salad or your favorite dipping sauce.
Please visit our Shop!
Can you cook frozen chicken strips in the air fryer?
Certainly, just choose your favorite brand of chicken strips and fry them in the air fryer. This equipment is essential for anyone who wants to prepare food quickly and healthily.
You may locate them in the freezer area of grocery stores. Choose the most convenient style for you from the list of brands available at the supermarket.
- Tyson, fully cooked crispy chicken strips, frozen.
- Tyson, black pepper & herb chicken breast strips.
- Tyson, grilled & ready chicken, bread strips.
- Tyson, batter dipped chicken breast tenders, frozen.
- Applegate, chicken strips.
- Perdue simplysmart organics, chicken breast tenders, breaded.
- Foster farms, crispy strips.
- Publix premium, chicken tenderloins, breaded.
- Springer mountain farms, chicken breast strips.
- Just bare, chicken breast strips, lightly breaded.
- Trader Joe’s, grilled chicken strips.
- Janes, pub style chicken breast strips.
- Kroger, frozen grilled chicken breast strips.
How do you cook frozen chicken strips in the air fryer?
With this easy method of frying chicken strips at home, not only will you be saving a lot of fat, but also you would be eating healthier. Simply follow these steps:
- Take your frozen chicken tenders and air fryer basket/tray without defrosting them first. Make sure they don’t overcrowd the air fryer in order to allow hot air to circulate.
- Spray oil over them into the basket before cooking.
- Fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Plate your air fryer frozen chicken strips and enjoy!
How long to cook chicken tenders in the air fryer?
At 400ºF (204ºC) for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the model you’re using, but you can use it as a guideline. Check them during the cooking process if you want them to be extra crispy.
See the chart below for more information.
Do you want to try more types of fried chicken tenders?
If you want a low-carb option, try our air fryer chicken strips no breading recipe or frozen grilled chicken strips in the air fryer.
There are also homemade breaded chicken tenders that are wonderful. Cooking time with bread crumbs may be 15 minutes.
Tyson crispy chicken strips Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 84 g
- Calories: 240
- Total fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 17 g
- Protein: 13 g
Cooking chart for chicken strips/fingers/tenders
|Philips XXL||15 minutes|
|Ninja air fryer||16 minutes|
|Power air fryer oven Elite||14 minutes|
|400ºF (204ºC) |
|Power XL vortex||16 minutes|
|Elite Platinum 5.3 Qt||15 minutes|
|Cook’s essentials 5.3 qt||6-8 minutes|
|Nuwave Brio 10 Qt||35-37 minutes|
|Dreo 4 Qt||12 minutes|
|Ninja foodi||15-17 minutes|
|Instant pot||20 minutes|
|Power air fryer oven 360||30 minutes|
|Gourmia||press air fry|
|Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven||20 minutes|
- Air fryer french fries
- Air fryer sweet potato wedges [Homemade]
- Crispy air fryer chicken wings
- Air fryer potato wedges
- Air fryer buffalo chicken wings
- Air fryer portobello mushrooms
- Frozen chicken nuggets in air fryer
Below is a printable recipe card as well as nutritional information for this brand of tenders. This will depend on the size of each component and/or the brand utilized.
Frozen Chicken Strips in Air Fryer [Tyson]
- Air fryer
- 6 frozen chicken strips
- olive oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Take the frozen chicken strips out from the fridge. They don't need to be thawed.
- Put them in the air fryer and spread them out, trying to avoid overcrowding the basket. Apply non-stick cooking spray to make them crunchy and prevent them from sticking together.
- Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 minutes, turn them over halfway through. Remove once golden brown.
- Serve your air frozen chicken strips with guacamole, mayonnaise or salad.
Welcome to my blog! I’m an air fryer enthusiast.