Hi! I'm Yan. I enjoy making quick and healthy meals, and this is my place to share some easy recipes. I learn new tricks and...
|Yield||Preparation time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 servings||1 minute||10 minutes||11 minutes|
Are you tired of eating chicken? Try these frozen fish sticks in an air fryer. We all love it, kids and adults alike, as it’s a delicious way to try fish and also taste its savory and crunchy texture outside and soft interior. Enjoy this type of protein every so often, and you won’t waste anything. Whether it’s lunch or dinner, simply cook them for a few minutes and serve with a salad or with healthy air fryer french fries.
- package of Gorton’s frozen fish sticks (fingers)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Digital air fryer
1. Spray oil on the air fryer basket.
2. Put the frozen fish sticks in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) and cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking. It isn’t necessary to thaw them before frying.
3. Serve your air fryer frozen fish sticks with a dipping sauce, mayonnaise or a salad. Enjoy!
Please visit our Shop!
Can you air fry frozen fish sticks?
Frozen fish sticks can be cooked in an air fryer without any issues. With air fryers, you won’t waste time on dinner, and frozen food will be perfectly cooked.
How to air fry frozen fish sticks?
As with any other frozen fish sticks in the air fryer, these can also be cooked simply by placing them into the air fryer basket, without defrosting first. Then, to ensure even cooking, turn them over during the process of cooking.
How long to cook frozen fish sticks in the air fryer?
Ensure the Gorton’s frozen fish sticks in the air fryer are thoroughly cooked by cooking until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. It should be noted that cooking fish (fingers, fillets, breaded, unbreaded) generally takes less time than cooking chicken, pork, or beef.
Where you can buy Gorton’s fish sticks?
These can be found at Walmart, Sam’s Club, Target, BJ’s wholesale club, Safeway, Kroger, Dillons, Giant food, Ralphs, and probably other supermarkets as well.
Are Gorton’s fish sticks healthy?
Well, in general, fish is a great nutritional source for us, but you may be aware that this product may have some conservative ingredients that are not always as good as homemade fish sticks. So, try not to consume a lot of it, unless you prepare them from scratch at home.
Gorton’s fish sticks Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 4 sticks (106 g), amount per serving:
- Calories: 230
- Total fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Carbohydrate: 26 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Calcium: 17 mg
- Potassium: 209 mg
Can you microwave Gorton’s fish sticks?
Yes, you can cook this product. It is important to note that microwave power affects the time of cooking. For this reason, the directions below are for equipment of 1100 Watts, in case of lower power, increase to 1:30 minutes.
- Arrange Gorton’s frozen fish sticks in a single layer on a microwavable plate lined with parchment paper (Don’t use wax paper).
- Microwave on High, 4 sticks: 1 minute, flip 30 seconds; 8 sticks: 2 minutes, flip 1 minute.
- Let cool in microwave before serving.
Van de Kamp’s vs Gorton’s fish sticks
Folks seem to have a similar good opinion of both brands. One of the most important characteristics is that both of these products have a crisp exterior and are made of 100% real fish. In addition, the breaded fish sticks seem homemade and their flavor is pleasant. Aside from that, some people feel Gorton’s are crisper than Van de Kamp’s.
As shown on the nutrition labels of each product, Van de Kamp’s contains higher calories and sodium per gram, even though Gorton’s fish sticks weigh more than Van de Kamp’s.
What are Gorton’s fish sticks made of?
Ingredients: Alaska Pollock fillets, breadcrumb coating, vegetable oil. Breadcrumb coating: wheat flour, yellow corn flour, sugar, salt, onion powder, whey, yeast, baking powder (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, cream or tartar), natural flavor. Vegetable oil: canola and soybean oil.
Frozen Fish Sticks in Air Fryer [Gorton’s]
- Air fryer
- 1 package of Gorton's frozen fish sticks (fingers)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray oil on the air fryer basket.
- Put the frozen fish sticks in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) and cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking. It isn't necessary to thaw them before frying.
- Serve your air fryer frozen fish sticks with a dipping sauce, mayonnaise or a salad. Enjoy!
Hi! I'm Yan. I enjoy making quick and healthy meals, and this is my place to share some easy recipes. I learn new tricks and try different flavors in my kitchen every day.More Posts